Defeated in the first round, the teams from Romania and the Faroe Islands are looking for a reaction in the qualifiers this Tuesday, March 26. The match, which is part of the schedule for day two, will be held at the Dr. Constantin Rădulescu stadium in Cluj, Romania, starting at 4.45 pm (Brasília time). The teams are in Group F, which has Sweden, Spain and Malta in the end with three points earned.
In commemoration of the 60 years of the tournament, the sixteenth edition of the Eurocopa will be played next year in 12 countries. The qualifiers count with 55 selections in the dispute, including the first participation of Kosovo. They were divided into ten groups with five or six participants who will face each other in turn and return. In the end, the top two will have their classification guaranteed.The remaining four places will be played by the 16 group winners in the four League of Nations versions of Europe that had their first edition played in 2018. In case the winners also get a spot in the playoffs, they will set the final participants in the playoffs. Euro 2020 will be occupied by the team that stayed in the next position in their key in the tournament. The final battle will take place in March next year, shortly before the start of the Eurocup, which is scheduled for the period between June 12 and July 12. The final will be in England.
The Romanians had an unbeaten run of ten matches (seven wins and three draws) broken on Saturday, March 23, against Sweden. As visitors, they were beaten by 2 to 1.The result was a bad start to the game. The hosts scored their first two goals in the first half with Quaison (33 minutes) and Claesson (40). Romania reacted in the second half. Scored in the 13th minute with Keseru, he balanced the match but did not get the equalizer.It is very likely that coach Cosmin Contra will change the tactical scheme for this Tuesday’s meeting. In Sweden, he played with four linebackers, five midfielders and just one attacker. In the face of the Faroe Islands, which is much less technically inferior, the need for victory should make at least one more front man be included among the starters.
He called the following athletes the matches:
- Goalkeepers: Ciprian Tătăruşanu (FC Nantes-FRA), Costel Pantilimon (Nottingham Forest-ING) and Florin Niţă (Sparta Praga-CHE);
- Defenders: Cristian Manea (CFR Cluj), Romario Benzar (FCSB), Cristian Săpunaru (Kayserispor-TUR), Ionuţ Nedelcearu (FC Ufa-RUS), Dragoş Grigore (Ludogoreţs-BUL), Cosmin Moţi (Ludogoreţs) and Nicuşor Bancu Craiova 1948);
- Midfielders: Tudor Băluţă (FC Viitorul), Răzvan Marin (Standard Liege-BEL), Paul Anton (Krylia Sovetov-RUS), Alexandru Cicâldău (U Craiova 1948), Alexandru Chipciu (Sparta Prague), Nicolae Stanciu Ianis Hagi (FC Viitorul), Alexandru Mitriţă (New York City FC), Dennis Man (FCSB), Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj) and Dan Nistor (Dinamo);
- Attackers: George Puşcaş (Palermo-ITA), Claudiu Keşeru (Ludogoreţs) and Andrei Ivan (Rapid Vienna-AUS)
In a group where there are significant technical quality ‘steps’ among the participants, the Faroe Islands had a rival of their size on Saturday, March 23. The confrontation against Malta, in the house of the adversary, was considered like end of championship. With almost 100 minutes and much confusion, the constituents won 2-1.Nwoko, 13 minutes into the first half, put the home side ahead. However, Malta was a numerical disadvantage 17 minutes from the final stage with the expulsion of Agius. The Faroe Islands had a chance to equalize two minutes later, but Olsen missed a penalty kick.He finished with the second goal in the 32nd minute. Borg did not waste the penalty awarded to Malta. In the end, at 53 minutes, Thomsem scored the visitors, who had four athletes punished with yellow cards, two of them the minute after the try.
Danish coach Lars Olsen has the following athletes available for the meeting on Tuesday:
- Goalkeepers: Gunnar Nielsen, Teitur Gestsson and Karstin Hansen;
- Defenders: Viljormur Davidsen, Atli Gregersen, Rógvi Baldvinsson, Odmar Faero, Bartal Wardum,
- Midfielders: Hallur Hansson, Brandur Hendriksson, Solvi Vatnhanmar, René Joensen, Magnuns Egilsson, Kaj Bartalsstovu, Arni Frederiksberg and Herni Vatnsdal;
- Attackers: Gilli Rólantsson, Jakup Thomsen, Klaemint Olsen,
History of the matches Romania vs Faroe Islands
Romania won all six matches against Faroe Islands. The last two also took place in the Euro 2016 qualifiers. The Romanians scored 1-0 (home) and 3-0 (away).
1. Statistical data to be taken into consideration before playing Romania vs Faroe Islands betting tips!
He lost the first game in the group, Saturday on the field of Sweden (1-2).
He made a very bad first half, but after the break he showed very well; the impression was that he could do more.
Stanciu and Mitrita were wiped out in front of the Nordic people, especially as they expected the sparkle.
That was the only defeat in the last 11 games.
In the FIFA rankings we are in the 25th place.
The Faroe Islands
She disappointed herself on her debut in the group, losing the move from Malta (1-2).
He then missed a penalty at the score of 0-1, when the opponent was with a less man; that was the key moment that could change the fate of the game.
It remains one of the most modest nationalities in the EURO zone, ranked 97th in the FIFA hierarchy.
He now has a negative series of six parties unsuccessful; has not shown anything in the last year.
2. Latest information before Romania vs Faroe Islands!
Considering the modest opponent, it seems that the selector will play with two strikers from the first minute; will enter Keseru.
They will leave the first Grigore, Baluta, Manea and Mitrita, who did not give the expected return in Sweden.
Bancu has a knee problem, but it seems he will.
You must also remember the injuries of Tucudean, Chiricheş, Pintilii, Budescu, Andone and Grozav.
The Faroe Islands
Ragnar Nattestad, Cain Attard, Myles Beerman, Ryan Fenech and Jean Paul Farrugia are absent from this game.
3. Romania vs Faroe Islands Probable Team!
Romania (4-3-3): Tatarusanu – Benzar, Sapunaru, Moti, Bancu – Chipciu, Marin, Hagi, Stanciu – Keseru, Puscas.
The Faeroe Islands (4-4-2): Nielsen – Sorensen, Odmar, Gregersen, Davidsen – Vatnhamar, Baldvinsson, Hansson, Joensen – Olsen, Thomsen.
4. Romania vs Faroe Islands information about the latest direct meetings!
Twelve times these national troops have fought, and tricolors have been imposed on the date.
In 2015 the most recent games, both won at 0 by Romania, took place.
Football Prediction of the Day Romania vs Faroe Islands
Technically superior and working at home, Romania have the prognosis in their success the best option for the confrontation of this Tuesday by the qualifiers for Euro 2020.
Bet Tips: Romania